This document outlines Melbourne International Film Festival Ticketing Terms and Conditions.
- All sessions are 18 years & over except where shown due to Film and Censorship guidelines for unclassified films. This policy is strictly adhered to.
Ticket Exchanges and Refunds
Single Ticket Purchases:
All single tickets are non-refundable but can be exchanged for the equal dollar amount or more before the session start time for a $2.50 fee at the Box Office. Any dollar amount difference will not be refunded. Single tickets can only be exchanged over the phone or at the box office. Single ticket exchanges close 24 hours prior to the event start time.
Tickets booked on a pass can be exchanged online for a fee of $1 per ticket, or in person or over the phone for $2.50 per ticket.
Exchanges close one hour prior to session start time. E-minis cannot be refunded.
No fee is charged on passport exchanges or cancellations in person or over the counter. $1 is charged per ticket online. Exchanges close one hour prior to session start time. Passports cannot be refunded.
NO EXCHANGE OR REFUND IS OFFERED ON OUR SPECIAL EVENTS (Opening Night Gala, Closing Night, Centrepiece Gallery and 37south events).
- A booking fee range of $1.90 to a maximum of $7 applies for bookings made online, via phone or mail based on the dollar value of the booking. No booking fee applies to over the counter sales/door sales.
- Bookings may only be collected by the credit card holder on presentation of the credit card used for the booking, the booking number, and any relevant concessions.
- Passports and eMini passes are for a single person's use and are non transferable, non exchangeable and non refundable.
- Buying a pass entitles the holder to a single session entry per session start time
- eMini provides admission to any 10 sessions, plus three bonus weekday sessions before 5pm (valid Monday-Friday)
- Passports are valid for 1 session grouping across the entire festival (sessions are grouped according to start time, and have the same last 3 digits in the session code when in the same group).
- Passholders are exempt from booking fees if the order total is $0 when checking out. If the passholder has purchased additional single tickets, then the booking fee applies.
- Passholders cannot book on a pass for some sessions, notably Opening and Closing Night and special events.
- To guarantee entry Passholders must pre-book all sessions on their pass (subject to availability). It is possible to create a booking on a passport at the cinema door, however if the session is sold out or has limited tickets, passport holders without a valid pre-booking will be directed to the standby queue.
- Lost passes can be replaced for a fee, if you record the Serial No on the pass.
- If collecting in person, PASSPORTS may ONLY be collected from the FORUM Theatre - 154 Flinders Street by the person who owns the credit card that was used to purchase the Passport. The credit card used and the membership card must be produced at the Forum Box Office to collect the pre purchased passport.
- Only MIFF members can purchase a Festival Passport.
- All sessions are general admission only. To guarantee a good seat, please arrive early.
- Valid Concession or membership ID must be presented when buying or collecting tickets and, if requested, on entry to the cinema.
- A valid Companion Card or valid Companion Card Number must be produced at the time of the booking to gain access to the Companion Card Scheme offer. Details of use are contained on the Companion Card website www.companioncard.org.au.
- Group Prices are available for indicated screenings, when 10 people or more purchase the group price in a singular transaction.
- Next Gen – customers under 18 years of age pay the Children rate, Over 18 of age pay the Single Ticket rate or the Weekday Special rate whichever is applicable to the scheduled session.
- Next Gen Family package is valid for 2 people who are under 18 Years of age and 2 people who are over 18 years of age.
- Next Gen – To gain entry Children Under the age of 15 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who is over 18 years of age.
- MIFF will endeavor to operate standby queues for all sold out sessions. Entry is subject to availability and not guaranteed.
- By submitting your order, you are indicating that you have read and accept the Melbourne International Film Festival (MIFF) Terms and Conditions. All orders are subject to credit card approval and billing address verification.
- MIFF reserves the right to deny any person admission to any Festival Managed Venues.
- All persons seeking admittance to attend an event or session must have a valid ticket, irrespective of their age.
Session changes or cancellations
- Particulars of the session or event may be changed without prior notice. Films, artists or performers may be added, withdrawn or substituted for specific performances or sessions. In the case of a cancelled film, MIFF will offer exchanges or return the booking onto your pass to allow you to purchase another film. Passes may not be refunded based on a film change.
MIFF accepts a range of concessions to help keep the festival accessible to all. We offer concession tickets on events (where listed) to MIFF members, full-time students, pensioners, unwaged and seniors. We also offer concessions to the following industry groups: MEAA, AFI, SPAA, ACS, ADG, AWG, ASE, MQFF, ACMI Members, The Age Staff, ABC Staff and City of Melbourne Staff. A current ID or concession (union) card must be presented when buying or collecting tickets and, if requested, on entry to the cinema.
- MIFF may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time. MIFF will post the varied Terms and Conditions on its website.